DATA CONTROLLER AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Controller of personal data is the company Soundive S.r.l., in the person of its pro-tempore legal representative, with registered office in Gallarate (Varese) at via Pegoraro no. 26, VAT no. 03841050127. Contact details of the owner company: email@example.com.
COOKIES: GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Generally speaking, cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to his/her terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same sites the next time the same user visits. While browsing a site, the user may also receive cookies on his terminal equipment that are sent by different sites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which some elements (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site he is visiting may reside.
Cookies, which are usually present in users’ browsers in very large numbers and sometimes also with characteristics of wide temporal persistence, are used for different purposes: performing computer authentication, session monitoring, storing information on specific configurations concerning users accessing the server, etc.
In order to achieve a proper regulation of cookies, it is necessary to distinguish them.
Types of cookies
a. TECHNICAL COOKIES: these are those that ensure normal navigation and use of the website and optimise the user’s browsing experience or enable the provision of a service requested by the user. They are not used for any other purpose and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website.
They can be divided into:
- navigation (or session) cookies, which ensure normal navigation and use of the website;
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a set of selected criteria (for example: language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same.
Depending on the persistence time, they can be divided into
- session cookies, which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed;
- persistent cookies, which remain stored in the user’s terminal equipment until a predetermined expiry date (which may be minutes, days or several years in the future).
b. ANALYTICS COOKIES: these are a particular type of cookie used by website operators to collect information in an aggregate manner of a statistical nature (e.g. number of visitors to the website, most-read articles, time spent on the page, etc.).
According to the Order of the Garante of 10 June 2021, in order for analytics cookies to be equated with technical cookies, it is essential to preclude the possibility that, through their use, the direct identification of the person concerned (so-called single out) is achieved, which is tantamount to preventing the use of analytics cookies that, due to their characteristics, may be direct and unambiguous identifiers.
c. PROFILING COOKIES: these are aimed at controlling the user’s navigation, tracking it in order to monitor and create profiles relating to the user himself, in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same during web navigation.
Due to the particular invasiveness of such non-anonymised profiling and analytics cookies, the user must be adequately informed about their use and must give his/her consent in advance.
We can update and add some details to the definitions just given.
According to the Provision of the Italian Authority for the Protection of Personal Data of 10 June 2021 entitled ‘Guidelines on cookies and other tracking tools’, the classification that best meets the spirit of the law, and thus also the requirements of personal protection, is that which is ultimately based on two macro-categories
- technical cookies, used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communication network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of a service to provide such service explicitly requested by the contracting party or user (cf. Article 122(1) of the Italian Privacy Code, Legislative Decree No. 196/2003)
- profiling cookies, used to link specific actions or behavioural patterns recurring in the use of the functions offered (patterns) to specific identified or identifiable subjects, in order to group the various profiles within clusters, i.e. homogeneous groups of different sizes, so that the owner can, among other things, also modulate the provision of the service in an increasingly personalised way beyond what is strictly necessary to provide the service, as well as send targeted advertising messages, i.e. in line with the preferences expressed by the user when surfing the web.
TYPE OF COOKIES USED BY THIS ONLINE SITE
This online site www.soundive.ai uses two ga-type analytics cookies provided by Google and a gcl_au profiling cookie, also provided by Google. More details in the following table.
LIST AND CLASSIFICATION OF COOKIES ON THIS ONLINE SITE
|Name of the cookie||Value||Domain||Expiring dates (if)||Measure of the cookie, in bytes||Priority||Aims of the Cookie|
|_ga||GA1.1.1548722755.1684486859||.soundive.ai||22.6.2024||30||Media||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also tracks site usage for the site analysis report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.|
|_ga_TKEN320K7N||GS1.1.16844868126.96.36.19944868188.8.131.52||.soundive.ai||22.6.2024||51||Media||This is a variant of the _ga cookie, and therefore has similar characteristics to the aforementioned cookie.|
|_gcl_au||1.1.166838311.1684486857||.soundive.ai||17.8.2023||31||Media||Used by Google Adsense to test the advertising efficiency of websites.|